Communications Manager - Consumer & Social
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and Transferwise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 160,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 2,000 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
Communications Manager: Consumer & Social
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hungry, passionate and creative comms manager to join the growing Comms team at Habito. We are on a mission to change the discussion around home financing - whether that’s amongst 30-something first time buyers, people looking to make their next move, private landlords or families looking to get the most out of their existing homes.
We have an ambitious objective: to become the UK’s most recognised online mortgage broker. We’re already well on our way and want to make sure 2019 is the year that delivers exceptional content across a wide range of media, communities and channels.
This role is ideal for a self-starting team player who is passionate about the role communications plays in building understanding and advocacy among consumers and stakeholders and who wants to make their mark while working as part of a fun and fast-paced team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working as part of the comms team to deliver the PR and social media strategy for 2019
- Driving media relations across a range of channels including consumer affairs, lifestyle, personal finance, trade and tech sectors
- Generating and implementing a news pipeline to include the creation of data-led thought leadership content and commentary alongside proactive, creative news hooks
- Responding to the news agenda and dealing with reactive media enquiries
- Planning and executing social influencer strategies; building and maintaining Habito’s social media communities
- Sourcing speaking opportunities for Habito spokespeople and liaising with events organisers
- Assisting in the creation of Habito comms content including film and media materials such as press releases, news alerts and other brand assets
- Passionate about comms and understanding audiences; the successful candidate will ideally have experience in behaviour change campaigns and high impact consumer comms
- Experience in overcoming complex comms challenges with creative flair
- Excellent written and oral comms skills
- Experience of brand amplification campaigns such as experiential, content and influencer marketing
- Proactive, curious and problem-solving approach, brave ideas, attention to detail
- Media contacts across a range of national and lifestyle media with experience of the money and tech agenda
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme