Trainee Mortgage Administrator - 6 Month FTC
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and Transferwise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
Trainee Mortgage Administrator
Working as part of the Mortgage Operations team the Trainee Mortgage Administration role is an important function to support several areas across mortgage ops and carry out administration, data entry and document checking duties. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- General administration duties to support the overall mortgage operations department
- Document checking - assessing the documents supplied to support a mortgage application are fit for purpose, not fraudulent and will be accepted by the lender.
- Data entry of mortgage applications across different lenders systems.
- Liaising with Mortgage Experts and Case Managers to ensure a seamless handover of customers cases.
- Initially, a 6 month fixed term contract with the potential to extend or go permanent
- To work in a dynamic Fintech start-up environment.
- To learn about the end-to-end mortgage broking process and interact with multiple stakeholders.
- The chance to move into other areas of the process if requisite performance and skills are displayed.
- Role may suit someone with 6 months to 1 year of experience in a mortgage broker environment or someone who is starting off in the industry and eager to learn.
- Advantageous to have a working knowledge of the mortgage broking process, multiple lender portals and the different stakeholders involved.
- Document checking, validation and processing experience. The ability to make a supported informed decision on the accuracy and credibility of the information presented.
- Takes pride in attention to detail, has a high level of data input accuracy and can type at speed
- Ensure that the customer experience is considered in all circumstances.
- Excellent organisational, communication & meeting deadline skills
- Strong team ethos
- Be able to work under pressure, as part of a team and individually as required by the demands of the role.
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme