Product Lead - Systems (SaaS application)
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in FinTech – Atomico, TransferWise, Funding Circle, Mosaic Ventures and Ribbit Capital.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We are searching for a Product Lead with SaaS application based experienced to help out deliver our Back of House products and solutions. The environment is one of Agile Development with Scrum based teams and high focused approach to constant delivery of high value, working software.
The role is multi-faceted and this includes managing the product backlog, benefit analysis, minimum viable product, prioritisation, acceptance criteria and reviewing completed work. It requires a close working relationship with both internal customers and development teams.
You must be technically competent to be able to understand the systems, and prioritise and work with business users and developers to decide product direction. However you must be comfortable allowing the development teams to come up with the solutions, while you will be their knowledge base and proxy for the business.
You will need to:
- Developing the product vision and strategy to drive our digital products forwards.
- Building strong relationships with business users and stakeholders
- Developing a deep understanding of the business uses and potential of our software products to enable you to act as a proxy for the business to effectively progress development solutions
- Facilitating the scrum process wherever required
- Product backlog management, including defining user stories and prioritisation
- Working with the stakeholders to prioritise stories to maximise business value created by the development teams for your product
- Maintaining the development teams focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements.
- Working with development teams in estimation and review sessions
- Facilitating development by working with design and UX teams to ensure the developers have the things they need to keep moving forwards
- Constantly be monitoring progress, looking for ways to improve the product and make adjustments based on strategic goals
You will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile scrum environment, ideally as a PO, but possibly as an agile coach or a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong business skills.
- An understanding and appreciation for software development and design, solid technical skillset.
- Experience in building workflow tools and back of house systems.
- Strong technical skills and an analytical mind set.
- Previous experience in a Product Development role
- Track record delivering high quality software that meets business need in a timely fashion
- Experience in estimating the value of software features, and in cost-benefit analysis and constructing business cases.
And Finally ….
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Bupa Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers