Training Lead - Mortgage Operations
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in FinTech – Atomico, TransferWise, Funding Circle, Mosaic Ventures and Ribbit Capital.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,300 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We are looking for an experienced, friendly and ambitious Training Lead who is full of energy and ideas. As a training lead, you will champion all things learning to the mortgage operations team at Habito and you are ultimately motivated to help others flourish.
Working for the VP Mortgage Operations, you will identify, design and deliver training content, with an up-to-date knowledge of best practice strategies. You are keen to drive change by inspiring people with a great delivery style and passion for the brand and our customers. This role naturally has a large influence on performance so great communication skills and a real understanding of what motivates people and what challenges get in the way of them doing their jobs is key.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Designing, delivering and maintaining all operational training material for new & current mortgage operations employees
- Creating innovative learning solutions that engage and inspire employees.
- Research and implement tools and systems that support these solutions where necessary
- Work with the VP Mortgage Operations to ensure that the training programmes is aligned with the overall strategy
- Work with the VP People to establish any third party training requirements for the operations team
- Work closely with the Team Leads to establish team and individual training requirements and feed these into the training programme
- Complete training needs analysis to deliver group or one to one coaching sessions to the mortgage operations team
- Analyse and improve the outcome of all training and coaching interactions
- Provide qualitative and quantitative reports on the impact of all training and coaching interventions have had on departmental performance and customer experience
- Regularly review and update training materials in line with industry, business and legislative changes
- Strong experience in training frontline customer facing teams with a view to driving performance
- Enthusiastic and can do approach with an ability to motivate and inspire individuals
- First principles thinker - imagining the ideal solution and then applying the constraints of the real world
- A people-person with a strong desire to help others improve
- Highly organised and able to work autonomously
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience in delivery of classroom and one to one training
- Confident in people management in training sessions
- Proactive, timely and solutions based approach which embraces change
- Articulate and confident in sharing and delivering knowledge
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills in order to incorporate feedback into your work
- Experience in training within the mortgage broker industry is desired but not essential
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
And Finally ...
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme