Mortgage Compliance Administrator - Junior
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100+-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in FinTech – Atomico, TransferWise, Funding Circle, Mosaic Ventures and Ribbit Capital.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
Habito has already dramatically improved mortgage advice, and now we are going to transform the rest of the mortgage buying experience. Key to this transformation is the ability to think differently and design unique and customised solutions to all areas of the business.
The Mortgage Compliance Administrator is part of the Risk team and is responsible for assessing our customer mortgage journeys to ensure we undertake compliance monitoring in line with Habito’s and the approved FCA methodologies. These methodologies focus on mortgage advice regulations and the measurement of fair outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will be able to combine their existing compliance experience with the best technology and great teamwork to create a truly special process with great customer outcomes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Evaluating mortgage journeys in line with Habito policy and external regulations to ensure we are compliant
- Providing technical compliance advice and guidance to our Mortgage Expert and Case Management teams
- Working with the Compliance Lead to provide regular support to them and the wider business in the reporting of MI in relation to our mortgage compliance performance
- Providing case specific feedback to the Mortgage Expert team around file review findings
- Supporting Mortgage Experts with monthly 1:1’s to discuss file quality in line with agreed advice audit templates
- A strong understanding of the Mortgage Industry or Financial Services Regulation
- A good working knowledge of the end-to-end mortgage process
- Mortgage file reviewing experience
- An attention to detail, with a methodical and organised approach
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivation and prepared to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
- The ability to prioritise to meet tight deadlines
- Hard working, tenacity and a focused mind set
- The ability to work independently, using their initiative and work as part of a wider team
- The ability to comfortably handle change and in a fast-evolving environment
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme