Team Lead - Mortgage Expert
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in FinTech – Atomico, TransferWise, Funding Circle, Mosaic Ventures and Ribbit Capital.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get a mortgage. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,300 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We are looking for an experienced team leader to lead a team of mortgage experts to deliver exceptional customer service and mortgage advice. Working for the VP Mortgage Operations this person will be an experienced, customer focused Team Lead who is motivated about getting the best out of their people. As a leader, you will develop, lead and motivate your team to provide an amazing customer experience using your range of people skills and experience. You are keen to drive change by inspiring people with a great leadership style and passion for the brand and our customers. This role naturally has a large influence on performance so great communication skills and a real understanding of what motivates people and what challenges get in the way of them doing their jobs is key.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading a team to deliver an exceptional customer experience throughout the mortgage application process.
- Ensuring compliance standards are met by working closely with your experts and the compliance team.
- Monitoring key KPIs inputs and leading the team to deliver these.
- Coaching and mentoring your experts on a one to one level to identify key areas for improvement ensuring this is owned by the expert.
- Conducting 1 to 1 meetings with team members with clear measurable objectives set.
- Setting and supporting delivery of individual personal development plans.
- Supporting the overall Ops team in interviewing and hiring.
- Working with the Ops Training lead to ensure the team’s initial and ongoing training needs are met.
- Carry out regular review and feedback on team members’ interactions with customers.
- Conduct regular and productive team meetings.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Ops Technology Lead to communicate process improvements and customer product feedback.
- Strong experience in leading a frontline customer facing mortgage team with a view to driving performance & customer engagement.
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Willingness to get into the detail and understand how each of your experts perform by doing side by side coaching and feedback.
- Enthusiastic and can do approach with an ability to motivate and inspire individuals
- First principles thinker - imagining the ideal solution and then applying the constraints of the real world
- A people-person with a strong desire to help others improve
- Highly organised and able to work autonomously
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proactive, timely and solutions based approach which embraces change
- Articulate and confident in sharing and delivering knowledge
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills in order to incorporate feedback into your work
- Ability to manage several work streams in an organised manner
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme