For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and Transferwise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We’re looking for an experienced User Researcher to help us on our mission to make mortgages easier. In order to do that we need a deeper understanding the problems we want to solve and how we solve them. That’s where you come in. As a User Researcher at Habito, you will be our customer champion tasked with ensuring we keep our customers at the heart of everything we design and build.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Gaining a deep understanding of our audiences (there are 11.1 million mortgages in the UK so our customer base is large and diverse!), their needs and behaviours, and what affects their decision-making
- Building panels, or recruiting, internal and external customers to run regular user testing sessions with
- Running research projects end-to-end – from planning, scoping, conducting sessions, analysing outputs, and creating deliverables
- Developing customer journey maps, empathy maps, and personas based on research
- Working within cross-functional teams to help solve customer problems and create compelling user experiences
- Performing analysis on the competitive set to understand and compare the product landscape
- Evangelising User Research within a growing organisation
- At least 3 years’ experience leading User Research to aid product development in fast-paced agile cross-functional teams*
- Comfortable running user testing sessions in a lab as well as ad hoc e.g. stopping people in the street for quick feedback, or setting up remote tests
- An appreciation of robust research studies, with an understanding of their limitations and when to apply them appropriately
- Strong communication skills – the ability to build rapport with a wide variety of colleagues and stakeholders, and share compelling stories about our customers
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, an understanding of metrics and A/B testing, and willingness to integrate quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Likely have a degree in Human/Computer Interaction, UX Research, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology or a related field
* The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
- Competitive salary and share options
- Career development, coaching and training
- Free catered lunches, snacks and team bonding
- Free healthcare and life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Fortnightly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme