VP Commercial Operations
Launched in 2016, Habito is transforming the mortgage industry through innovation and cutting-edge technology. We are the UK's free online mortgage broker backed by Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures, with angel investors including Transferwise CEO Taavet Hinrikus, Funding Circle’s founder Samir Desai and Yuri Milner, influential tech investor.
We are building a great brand synonymous with great customer service, ease and transparency. Simple, fast and honest, coupled with no fees, and no misinformation.
Our team is super-smart, ambitious, collaborative and friendly. We work hard, play hard and learn fast. This is a great opportunity to help steer, shape and mould our business.
Are you excited? Come and make your home at Habito!
Habito is a digital mortgage broker, making the best of the combination between the most intelligent machines and algorithms together with industry-leading mortgage experts, all hired for their focus on customer centricity and empathy. We are building an efficient product journey for each customer use case so that our human experts can focus on the most useful interactions with customers and get straight to the point of advise.
Habito is looking for a VP Commercial Operations to ensure that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved by optimising the effectiveness of the Operations function.
The candidate will work closely with the commercial functions (Marketing, Product, Engineering, Finance, etc.) to drive the operations-focused roadmap and identify enhancement, ensuring full compliance and ease of use.
- Understanding the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share within the Operations function
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of our customers to ensure that their needs are being met and we build an ongoing relationship with them
- Producing business plans/recommendations (including all associated costs, forecasting, resourcing, FTE and pipeline planning), to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimised
- Ensure process and technology optimisation in the operational processes. Identify gaps, saving opportunities and room for improvement and bring these into practice
- Liaising with relevant internal teams to ensure that customer needs are met and that customer requirements are fully communicated throughout the business. Including working closely with the Product and Engineering teams to drive changes focused on efficiency
- Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors commercial activities) which impact the business. Communicating such information and any subsequent changes to the COO and the Leadership Team
- Collating and analysing business data pertaining to all commercial activities.
- Ensuring that all commercial Operations activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets in line with business objectives
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Credible and confident communicator at all levels.
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
- Provide reporting and analysis to other commercial functions with appropriate data to make sound decisions higher up the customer journey
- Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence. Highly energised and motivated with a high level of commitment.
- Commercially astute and customer focused.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a high quality service.
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Hands-on approach, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational skills and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment. Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
*The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
And Finally ….
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free daily catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Bupa Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers