For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and Transferwise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We are looking for a super talented UX/UI Designer to join our EPD (Engineering, Product & Design) team. Primarily you will be creatively conceptualizing and delivering top-class user experience and interface designs that pushes our brand and product (both customer facing and back of house) forward. You will also work closely with marketing, customer experience and broker operations to deliver valuable feature updates that contribute to both our company OKR’s and customer goals
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Translating requirements into meaningful interactive experiences – taking big ideas and working collaboratively to evolve them into usable features.
- You are expected to take the lead role on key projects, and be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end UX process and communication with regard to all things UX and UI.
- Designing complex products across multiple platforms
- Providing insight into design trends, competitor analysis and what’s hot in the design space
- Delivering product and system design, to interaction, to pixel perfect layout
- Using user centered design methodologies, lean design and agile development
- Prototyping your work
- Working in a UX/UI role for a number of years, either in an agency setting or inhouse
- Extensive experience with web design and interaction patterns
- Comfortable with design tools and prototyping (E.g Sketch, Adobe suite, Marvel. HTML, CSS is a bonus)
- Involvement with products, designs or experiences that are currently live (or recently live) online
- Delivering clean and delightful user experiences and understand product strategy
- Experience of liaising with internal stakeholders and expressing design ideas clearly to a diverse team
- Using different product methodologies (agile, lean, design thinking, etc)
- You should have an interest and understanding of how your designs turn into code
- Creating & testing wireframes and prototypes based on your assessment of problems and opportunities
- Have extreme empathy with the customer experience and be able to understand the emotional journey of
Send us a CV, link to your portfolio and a brief synopsis.
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme