For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and Transferwise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We’re looking for an empathetic problem-solver, experienced in interactive product design, to help us on our mission to make mortgages easier.
A mortgage is the biggest financial commitment most people ever make. As a Product Designer at Habito you will be at the heart of delivering a world-class customer experience in an industry that has historically been fraught with complexity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Taking the lead design role on key projects, being responsible for delivering innovative, elegant, best-in-class user-centred interfaces (UX and UI)
- Translating business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences – taking big ideas and working collaboratively to evolve them into usable features
- Developing use cases, user journeys, storyboards, wireframes and page flow diagrams
- Working closely with product management and engineers to concept, design, prototype, test and iterate products
- Validating ideas through prototyping and user testing
- Providing insight into design trends, competitor analysis and what’s hot in the design space
- Championing user-centred design principles, lean design and agile development
- Driven by solving complex customer problems
- A strong conceptual thinker with a solid background in UX
- Track record of delivering clean and delightful user experiences and beautiful interaction design
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams and liaising with internal stakeholders
- An interest and understanding of how your designs are implemented by engineers
- Extreme empathy with the customer needs and the ability to balance that with technical constraints and business goals
- A natural curiosity, a love of learning, the willingness to try new things
- Experienced in working in Sketch and Marvel – AE or any other motion design tool is a bonus
Please send us a brief note on why the role interests you, as well as your CV and a link to your portfolio.
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme