For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in FinTech – Atomico, TransferWise, Funding Circle, Mosaic Ventures and Ribbit Capital.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
Habito is seeking a VP Creative with a proven track record of leading cross functional design teams with experience in brand, art direction, marketing / communications and user interface design. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape an industry leading product as well as taking ownership of the brand, the management of the design team and work collaboratively to continue to drive our creative direction forward. We need a team player who will push us to create our best work, be an advocate for design within the company and create an environment where the team can thrive.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage cross-platform creative processes from concept to completion
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams, product and engineering teams as well as internal stakeholders
- Lead UX and digital design teams to translate brand into vision for our products.
- Lead and direct the creative teams in the production of all marketing collateral
- Ensure that visual communication and brand standards are met as defined by business requirements ongoing.
- Meet with executive management to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Review work, troubleshooting and providing feedback to the creative team ongoing to mentor and manage them.
- Remain actively involved in hiring and training creative staff
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members
- 8 years + experience in the world of visual and physical storytelling alongside creativity around brands.*
- A portfolio showing award winning work covering expertise and experience in brand, design and multi platform deliveries
- Prior experience at a leading brand or experiential or progressive advertising/ideas/creative agency.
- Be passionate about brands, ideas, stories, design and a desire to apply that passion to marketing campaigns and other brand/digital experiences.
- Can clearly show the following competencies: Business vision, team collaboration, communication ideas, accountability for results, developing others and team leadership.
*The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
** Please attach examples of your work or a link to your portfolio, you will not be considered for this role without a portfolio.
And Finally ….
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Bupa Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme