VP Business Development & Partnerships
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and Transferwise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
This is a vital role in the business, as seek to continue our phenomenal growth trajectory and continue to re-invent the mortgage market around genuine and new customer needs.
You will be responsible for identifying strategic and transformational new business opportunities with partners that complement both business and sales (go-to-market) strategy; enhancing strategic business execution and accelerating customer acquisition and revenue growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Actively and professionally leading and managing the entire deal cycle from initial partner identification & engagement through to legals, delivery and ongoing relationship management
- Developing a clear contact strategy and development plan to meet the audience growth goals
- Negotiating best contractual terms whilst also building profitable, long term business relationships
- Drafting proposals and managing commercial terms
- Expanding business network within the markets we serve and identifying capabilities/content which LNRS could utilise to enhance our strategic execution
- Work closely with CMO and COO to align partnerships strategy with product vision
- Build a deep understanding of the competitive environment and category landscape
- Develop clear principle for partnership selection and implementation
- Establish a clear KPI/measurement framework
- Create a clear stakeholder map and communication plan
- Work closely with the Product Team to integrate the Partnership development strategy into the overall product roadmap
- Work closely with CRM and Data strategy to deliver a segmentation recommendation and roll-out plan (including data strategy and data acquisition) to help maximise partnership conversion and retention
- Review and maintain current partnerships with consideration to start, stop, continue to improve the efficiency of account management and conversion
- Ideally 10+ years Business Development experience*
- Exceptional relationship building skills, combined with strong existing relationships in the financial sector and aggregators
- Proven track record of building affiliate partnerships at scale
- Experience in bid writing, submitting tenders, and completing RFP and RFI documents
- Commercially astute self starter, coupled with strong negotiation skills
- Highly numerate, resilient and digitally fluent with a strong track record of delivering successful commercial outcomes
*The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
And Finally ….
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Bupa Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme