Launched in 2016, Habito is transforming the mortgage industry through innovation and cutting-edge technology. We are the UK's free online mortgage broker backed by Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures, with angel investors including TransferWise CEO Taavet Hinrikus, Funding Circle’s founder Samir Desai and Yuri Milner, influential tech investor.
We are building a great brand synonymous with great customer service, ease and transparency. Simple, fast and honest, coupled with no fees, and no misinformation.
Our team is super-smart, ambitious, collaborative and friendly. We work hard, play hard and learn fast. This is a great opportunity to help steer, shape and mould our business.
Are you excited? Come and make your home at Habito!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced People Manager to join the existing team in delivering the people strategy at Habito. You will have a broad remit across the spectrum of operational HR and the role will involve you building and streamlining processes across the employee life cycle to influence and drive employee engagement and a high performing culture. This role will have a particular focus on learning and development so we are looking for a candidate with experience, or keen to specialise, in this area.
- Provide advice and assistance to employees on policies, procedures, legislation, and best practice.
- Own the on-boarding process, including overseeing the generation of offer letters, contracts, reference checking and induction workshops
- Guide new starters and advise their managers through their first three months at Habito
- Ensure the HR System data is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation at all times
- Review and upkeep the Employee Handbook and Policies in line with our standards, values and current legislation.
- Own all Habito benefits including communication, review and annual renewal
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices in the organisation
- Drive and administer probationary reviews, annual salary reviews, performance improvement plans, disciplinary & grievance meetings
- Work with the business to identify and deliver effective L&D programmes using external partners as necessary across the Company with direction from the VP People
- Contribute to and support the overall People strategy and ensure alignment of L&D agenda across the organisation
As well as being friendly and approachable, we are looking for an experienced People Manager who has had considerable exposure to HR in a similar fast growth position or larger organisation. To be considered for this role you will need to have a demonstrable track record of hands on HR generalist duties.
- Strong generalist experience in a similar background
- Experience managing learning and development programmes
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong ER knowledge
- Excellent eye for detail, you make sure all the t’s are crossed and i’s dotted!
- Advanced communications skills
- Ability to work with key stakeholders with discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the business
- Proactive, solutions based HR style
- Current generalist experience and knowledge of employment law and best practice
- Must be highly organised, flexible team player with excellent prioritisation and strong follow-up skills
- Comfortable in a fast moving organisation and able to embrace change and put people at ease!
And Finally ….
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Bupa Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers