Operations Scaling Lead
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and Transferwise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Analysing Operations processes and systems, identifying bottlenecks, operational pain points and barriers to scaling
- Leading cross-functional projects with the goal of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Ops
- Working with Product and Engineering to automate manual processes
- Creating process maps, standardising processes and workflows
- Working with Ops and other functions to eliminate root causes of customer dissatisfaction and improve customer experience
- Identifying and implementing cost saving opportunities across Operations
- Building reports and using data to measure and communicate impact of process improvement initiatives
- Establishing strong working relationships with Ops and Product to drive strategic operational changes
- Bachelors degree or similar is desirable
- 4+ years of process improvement experience*
- Expertise in process automation and scaling Operations teams is required
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and working with stakeholders across an organisation
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma / Agile methodologies is preferred
- Experience with reporting tools and dashboards (Tableau, etc)
- Change management experience is a plus
- Experience working in a start-up / scale-up environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme